The Best in the Northwest
We like to think we are one of the best recording, mixing and mastering studios in Seattle but we all know that rooms and gear are just a small part of a recording studio, our people make it what it is and we have some mighty fine folks here to help you. No matter where you are on your musical journey, you are always welcome here with respect and appreciation.
Established in 1995, we have been home to a community of producers, engineers and musicians that have defined the Seattle sound for many years. In 2014, we received a multi-Platinum record for our work on Macklemore’s Grammy winning album, The Heist. In 2018, we received another Platinum award for our contribution to Vance Joy’s album, Dream Your Life Away.
Best friend to everyone
Loves to wiggle and kiss
Loves being in the studio and helping clients
Really loves our studio dog Domino!
Loves to work on music
Musician, Producer, Engineer and Pro Tools Certified Instructor
Amazing at all things hip-hop and more!
A superstar for our staff, we welcome our newest member of our team!
Loves Art and Animals
Musician, Artist and Writer
You’re in good experienced hands here.
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.
Music is proof that someone out there has felt the exact same way you do.
Our mixing console is a SSL 4056 G+ housed in a acoustically designed control room.
Mixing is one of the most important things you’ll do in the studio.
With all the vintage hardware and modern software your mixes are certain to stand out from the crowd.
Take your mix to heights you never thought possible with our professional mastering services.
Mastering is like dessert, when its really good its REALLY GOOD!
We specialize in high quality Podcasts and Voice-overs from all over the country.
Quick turnaround, professional Podcast recording, editing and mixing including phone patches.
Call us today for your next Podcast or Voice-over needs.
Full Music Production
We offer full production here from pre-production, tracking to mixing. Production is never a one size fits all because every artist is different and every song has diverse needs. The benefit of having a experienced producer is where the value is, many say it has been invaluable.
Building on the strengths of the artist and knowing when to stay out of the way is a true art form, one that only comes with experience. Other times my job as a producer is just to be a good documentarian of the project and capture the artist in a moment that represents them, communication prior to the record starting is the best way to achieve the level of production that each artist is looking for.
Our sister company Seattle Recording Arts
Seattle Recording Arts offers year long advanced programs in music/studio production and sound design for video games, find out more at SeattleRecordingArts.com
Seattle Recording Arts features small class sizes, hands-on learning in the real world, find out more at SeattleRecordingArts.com
“We are having so much fun here, I’m so happy”
“We love it here”
“This place is fantastic”
“The track sounds exactly like I want, thank you”
“Oh man this studio is really great”
“Joe constantly fostered my vision for the entire project, and always put it first, the quality of the end product blew my expectations away”
Sammy J Riddle
“I didn’t know that it would be the greatest recording experience I’ve had. Joe really helped me turn good moments into great moments”
New York Times
“Joe! Just wanted to let you know that the audio sounded GREAT. Thank you so much!”
“I can’t believe how great it sounds in here, I’ll be back”
“Joe’s inputs are pure gold, every song I have brought into Orbit come’s out the other end 10x better”
“The mix sounds amazing man, you know me all too well”
“Joe’s approach of humility and grace stands in stark contrast to what I’ve found in most corners of the music industry”
Why Choose Us?
A Space To Be Creative
We Have Magic
We Love Our Artists
LATEST NEWSALL NEWS ON OUR BLOG
Working with The Fray on a streaming concert today at Orbit, amazing all around!
We just did the NBC Sports Seahawks intro w/ Macklemore for Sunday night football. Go Hawks!
Orbit Audio C-19 Client Safety Policies
- Upon arrival, everyone, including artists, will have their temperature checked with a no-touch thermometer and we’ll also go over some basic health questions. Those experiencing symptoms will be asked to leave.
- Masks are required upon entering the building from the street, (the whole time you are here) with the exception of being in an iso room to begin singing. Please bring your own mask, but we can provide one for you if necessary.
- We ask that you wash your hands upon arrival and often throughout the session. Hand sanitizer is strategically placed throughout the studio in every room.
- All common areas (especially the lounge and bathrooms) and touchable surfaces (door handles, etc) will be cleaned before sessions, after sessions, and regularly throughout the day by our staff.
- Sessions are for artists only, no friends or family, photographers, managers etc are currently allowed, only those absolutely necessary to keep the session going will be present. When booking the session please let your engineer know the exact artist head count that will be attending. Currently we are allowing 2 or less artists at any given time.
- Please bring your own beverage, water bottle etc. and like camping, whatever you pack in, pack out when you leave.
- A minimum of 6 feet distance between individuals must be maintained at all times all throughout the studio for social distancing purposes.
- We encourage vocalists to stay in the iso room during playbacks and listen through headphones. When your vocal takes are complete, you must exit the room (masked up) and close the door behind you immediately. We will be sanitizing the space remotely with a high powered UV light after you have exited the recording room or iso booth.
- Please limit the amount of time you spend in the control room, if (remote) mixing can be done without you in the control room, it is highly encouraged. We’ll send you mixes for your approval and discuss production remotely. If it is necessary to enter the control room please sit on the couch, there is a line on the floor that is marked as a safety distance of over 6 feet.
- Tours of our studios are unavailable for the time being. Please refer to our website photos for now, and we are always happy to talk with you on the phone or through email to answer your questions.
- If you have lyrics or a script, please print those out beforehand and bring them with you, we are no longer offering print services.
- We have a two week waiting period for anyone who has been traveling – either having traveled outside of WA state, or traveling into the state from somewhere else.
- Last, but not least, if you are experiencing any symptoms of illness or have been exposed to anyone else who has been ill, please do not come in. Common C19 symptoms include: fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of smell or taste, chills, muscle aches, fatigue, nausea and/or vomiting.
Thank you for helping us keep everyone safe.